May 17, 2009

Graduation Day

Graduation ceremonies are something of a 'rite of passage,' especially at Penn, where your actual diploma is mailed to you in June. The Dean shakes your hand on stage and the roll of paper you are getting in the photograph, which appears very official, is actually directions on how to get to the cocktail party. Go figure.

The high point of the day was an excellent speech by Muhammad Yunus the founder of Grameen Bank in Bangladesh. He gave a very motivating talk about the power of a single person acting against the establishment. I hope that all of us can have the fortitude and integrity to take his advice, which seemed particularly relevant given the world financial crisis.

I am finishing my time here in Philly, and then I am off to 'relax' for a few months before starting at Accenture in the end of the year.

In the mean time, I will be starting a small business of my own, doing MBA/MA Admissions Consulting for people applying this fall. I will provide strategic advice, mock interviewing, essay review, and other services. I will be releasing more information about details soon, but if you are interested in scheduling an initial appointment please email:

acfconsultingservices@gmail.com

All the best,
Alex


No comments: